The Escape Artist Book Blog

Books are my escape...I need it. My life is super busy between working full time, being a mom of 2 super social kids, a traveling husband, and an annoying habit of not being able to say "No".

theescapeartist

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, Book 2)

Dragonfly in Amber - Diana Gabaldon This book was an awesome continuation of Outlander, which is by far one of my all time favorite books. I went into it not expecting it to be very good from some reviews I had seen, but was blown away. Extremely creative, the story of Jamie and Claire in Paris is enthralling and when the war starts it is hard to put down. I could not stop crying in parts; I was incredibly moved by the emotion presented in Jamie and Claire and still get a little pouty lipped thinking about it. The only thing I didn't like, and why 4 stars, is how Claire in her older state is just odd - she still has her directness but to me, it makes her seem weird as opposed to unique. She's soft one minute and then crotchety the next, so I have a hard time liking her in her late 40's. Otherwise, an incredible read.