The Escape Artist Book Blog

Books are my escape...I need it. My life is super busy between working full time, being a mom of 2 super social kids, a traveling husband, and an annoying habit of not being able to say "No".

theescapeartist

Up Until Midnight - A MUST READ

Duke of Midnight - Elizabeth Hoyt, Elizabeth Hoyt

Twenty years ago Maximus Batten witnessed the brutal murders of his parents. Now the autocratic Duke of Wakefield, he spends his days ruling Parliament. But by night, disguised as the Ghost of St. Giles, he prowls the grim alleys of St. Giles, ever on the hunt for the murderer. One night he finds a fiery woman who meets him toe-to-toe—and won't back down . . .

MEETS HIS MATCH . . .

Artemis Greaves toils as a lady's companion, but hiding beneath the plain brown serge of her dress is the heart of a huntress. When the Ghost of St. Giles rescues her from footpads, she recognizes a kindred spirit-and is intrigued. She's even more intrigued when she realizes who exactly the notorious Ghost is by day . . .

DESIRE IGNITES A DANGEROUS PASSION

Artemis makes a bold move: she demands that Maximus use his influence to free her imprisoned brother-or she will expose him as the Ghost. But blackmailing a powerful duke isn't without risks. Now that she has the tiger by the tail, can she withstand his ire-or the temptation of his embrace?

This is an amazing book! The story of Maximus and Artemis, both of whom are introduced in previous books, is surprising, sexy, and thrilling. I could not put it down and have already re-read most of it. Something about Maximus and something about Artemis - maybe that they are the most unlikely pair, or that they are from different stations? The attraction Ms. Hoyt creates in this story between these two unlikely people is heady.

The story continues the theme of the Ghost of St. Giles, but there are some surprises revealed which I didn't see coming. Everyone has a secret it seems and is desperate to figure things out on their own. When Artemis leans on Maximus for help, he delivers, and she is then in a position to give him the help he has needed for so long.

This is a must-read, do-not-put-down, read-again-and-again book. The whole series is awesome - don't just read this one. This can be read out of order, but helps to begin at the first.