The Escape Artist Book Blog

Books are my escape...I need it. My life is super busy between working full time, being a mom of 2 super social kids, a traveling husband, and an annoying habit of not being able to say "No".

theescapeartist

An Adventurous Misadventure!

Misadventures in Seduction (Entangled Scandalous) - Robyn DeHart

With five siblings to care for, Prudence Hixsby 's duty comes first, even if it means becoming a spinster. When the eldest—and most cherished—of her younger brothers decides to join the war, however, Prudence is determined to keep him safe. So she strikes a bargain with an old acquaintance: her body in exchange for her brother's safety.

In the dead of night, she slips into the bed of a man whose touch is both fierce and passionate... little knowing she's just seduced the wrong man.

Harrison Carlisle, the Duke of Sutcliffe, never imagined that that lovely Prudence would honour his bed, or just how bewitching those lush curves could be. Yet he keeps a gentleman's silence. After all, a spy for the Crown can ill afford to marry. But when Prudence's brother is killed, they find themselves uniting to track down the traitorous murderer. And while death lurks within the shadowy world of espionage, there is also passion... and the unbidden thrill of seduction!

Gotta love a strong heroine matched up with an equally strong hero. Prudence is no wilting flower – she seeks out Harrison to give him a piece of her mind and isn’t intimidated. She thinks he is indifferent toward her, but if she only knew the truth. When they band together to solve the mystery of her brother, they are a team and they can’t fight their attraction anymore.

I liked both characters. I liked that Prudence was comfortable with herself and strong willed and I liked that Harrison cared for her and put her needs before his own which were substantial. They were an enjoyable couple and this was an enjoyable read.

I actually didn’t realize that I had read the first book in the Masquerading Mistresses series, “No Ordinary Mistress”, and so now I will have to look for the second book, “For Her Spy Only” so I can catch up on what happened to Alistair. These books seem to stand on their own as I didn’t feel like I missed out from not reading the second book, but I am really curious to read it now.

My appreciation and thanks to Entangled Publishing for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1037116241